Looking for something new and fun to do, instead of the usual dinner and a movie? How about drinking wine (or your beverage of choice) while painting a beautiful canvas? If you’re missing that crafty gene, no worries as part of the activity is learning how to paint, step by step, from an instructor who will lead you through each step. There are a few different venues here in the Valley of Sun at which you can try out this fun new activity . . .
- Pinot’s Palette has one current location in Paradise Valley, but has three more upcoming locations. Check out their calendar and click on the canvas you’d like to paint, and then click on the day you’d like to paint it, and you can reserve your spot to create your very own masterpiece. This location also offers date nights (where you can paint one canvas half of a painting while your significant other paints the other half) as well as open studio times where you can create a canvas of your choosing, under the guidance of an instructor. This studio is BYOB and food, and children are permitted so long as they are over the age of 5.
- The Brush Bar features a mixture of Open Studio nights as well as nights featuring certain paintings you’d like to create. This studio offers Mimosa mornings on Sundays, $30 Thursdays and Family Days.
- Paint Party and Wine hosts private events at locations in Gilbert and Ahwahtukee. For private events, you can choose the canvas size and time it takes to paint, and the price is set based on the number of participants.
- Carrie Curran Art Studios offers several types of painting events, from family events, couples events as well as after school and home school art classes for the kiddos. There is even a Paint Your Pet class where you email in a photo of your pet, a sketch is created on canvas, and then you learn how to fill it in with paint in a group setting.
- The Painter’s Lounge in downtown Phoenix on Roosevelt Row in the Arts District. Guided by instructors, you will create the masterpiece of the day (chosen from their calendar online), and you are permitted to BYOB as well as any snacks or food you’d like to enjoy while painting. This location is next door to locally-owned Pita Jungle.
Learn about Scottsdale Homes and Neighborhoods