When summertime rolls around in the Valley, you may find yourself wondering what you’re going to do to pass the time. Luckily for you, there are plenty of great summer festivals that are just around the corner. You’re sure to find something you love to do among the excellent festivals that take place in and around the Phoenix area.
- Red, White and Boom – This is the annual fireworks celebration held in Phoenix every year. This is a huge event with a massive turnout, so plan to get there early and stay late for the exciting fireworks show! This festival doesn’t always take place directly on the Fourth of July, so be sure to check the schedule and find out when it will be going on.
- All American Festival – In Peoria, this festival kicks off the summer and offers lots for kids and adults both to take part in. Participate in a food eating contest or just stick around for the fireworks at night. This is a good old-fashioned Fourth of July festival that’s sure to please the whole family.
- Glendale Summer Band Concert Series – Do you love music? Who doesn’t? At this concert series, you can hear some of your favorite bands and maybe even discover some you’ve never paid attention to before, too. This concert series goes all summer long, so check out the schedule to plan your next night out.
- Scottsdale Art Walk – This is technically a weekly event and it doesn’t happen only in the summertime, but it deserves a mention because it’s a great chance to take a stroll and enjoy looking at beautiful works of art from local artists, too.
- Carnival of Illusion – This is a unique performance that’s based on old Vaudeville routines and is sure to surprise and delight adults and kids both. It’s shows once or twice per summer in Phoenix, so don’t miss it.
- Warped Tour – While you’re experiencing all the sights and sounds of summertime, don’t forget to catch Warped Tour when it hits Phoenix. This is a popular tour, so be sure to pick up your tickets ahead of time if possible.
- Arizona Community Short Film Festival – If you love short films or just like to support local artists, head to this annual event in Phoenix to get your fix. You may discover something about your own creative side while you’re there, too.